Administrative Assistant to President Posted: 01/24/2017
POSITION OPENING: Administrative Assistant to President (Part time or full time dependent on candidate experience and skills)
REPORTS TO: President
Hire, develop and retain highly-qualified, outcomes-driven, risk-taking, innovative, flexible, collaborative, reflective, faith-filled and generous women and men whose hearts are on fire.
-from Saint Martin Bold Initiatives 2014
Saint Martin de Porres High School is an urban Catholic college-preparatory high school dedicated to working exclusively with students of modest means. Our program includes an innovative Work-Study component: we partner with local corporations who recognize the importance of investing in young people to develop habits of mind and spirit that will lead them to college and career success. Eighty percent of our students will be the first in their extended families to attend college. Saint Martin was founded in 2004 and is chartered by the state of Ohio and accredited through the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association. Our mission is to transform urban Cleveland one student at a time; we are committed to the values of work, study, service, leadership and prayer. We are a member of the Cristo Rey Network of schools founded in 2001.
Administrative Assistant to the President will be responsible for:
- Provides administrative support to the President and other advancement staff as needed.
- Responsible for managing President’s calendar, correspondence and serve as his assistant in engagements within the school community and in outside engagements.
- Serve as administrative point person with the Board of Trustees. Attend all Board of Trustee meetings to transcribe notes and maintain Board of Trustee minutes and records.
- Attend other Board subcommittee meetings as needed to maintain records.
- Assist President in all Advancement related tasks including correspondence and acknowledgement. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Gather information in response to various reporting requirements to outside organizations and accrediting bodies.
- Coordinate and conduct research efforts for President and Advancement Department to develop prospect information, maintain accurate records, and to assist in the successful cultivation and solicitation of gift support.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, stationary and storage for President and business office staffs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by the President and Vice President of Advancement.
Bachelor’s degree required.
The ideal candidate will have a 1-2 years of administrative assistant experience in a corporate or non-profit setting.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
• Skill in the use of computers in a PC, Windows-based operating environment
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Mature, confidential
• Assertive and directed- task oriented
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Ability to work on accomplishing multiple goals simultaneously.
• Excellent written and oral communicator.
• Understands and completely embraces the Saint Martin de Porres High School mission and the Cristo Rey Network’s Ten Standards for Mission Effectiveness
• Person of faith but not necessarily Catholic
• Appreciates that the school is driven by its Catholicity which focuses on the highest level of ethical, moral and social behavior of its students, staff and volunteers
• Able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it is not directly related to your job description
• Strong sense of being a team player
Please send resume and cover letter to Kerry Capka at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Saint Martin de Porres High School encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.