Substitute Teachers Posted: 01/31/2017
POSITION OPENING: Substitute Teachers
REPORTS TO: Principal
Hire, develop and retain highly-qualified, outcomes-driven, risk-taking, innovative, flexible, collaborative, reflective, faith-filled and generous women and men whose hearts are on fire.
-from Saint Martin Bold Initiatives 2014
Saint Martin de Porres High School is an urban Catholic college-preparatory high school dedicated to working exclusively with students of modest means. Our program includes an innovative Work-Study component: we partner with local corporations who recognize the importance of investing in young people to develop habits of mind and spirit that will lead them to college and career success. Eighty percent of our students will be the first in their extended families to attend college. Saint Martin was founded in 2004 and is chartered by the state of Ohio and accredited through the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association. Our mission is to transform urban Cleveland one student at a time; we are committed to the values of work, study, service, leadership and prayer. We are a member of the Cristo Rey Network of schools founded in 2001.
A candidate for a substitute teacher position at Saint Martin de Porres High School should have proven experience successfully working with high school age students.
• Preferably, has successful experience working with students in an urban or inner-city setting.
• Preferably, has successful classroom experience in a non-traditional or traditional classroom setting.
• Must be able to work with students at all level of learning within the classroom setting.
• Must be prepared to be flexible in all matters involving teaching, school administration and and curriculum.
• Must be comfortable with and willing to utilize and learn the existing technology of the school. This technology is a significant part of the daily lesson structure.
• Must be mature and reliable.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
We prefer that candidates have current State of Ohio Substitute teacher license or Non-Tax Certificate, but will work with exceptional candidates through this process.
Prefer some classroom experience or a sincere interest in teaching in urban setting.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
• Ability to work with school technology (Microsoft, academic software, google classroom)
• Mature and reliable
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Understands and completely embraces the Saint Martin de Porres High School mission and the Cristo Rey Network’s Ten Standards for Mission Effectiveness
• Person of faith but not necessarily Catholic
• Appreciates that the school is driven by its Catholicity which focuses on the highest level of ethical, moral and social behavior of its students, staff and volunteers
• Able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it is not directly related to your job description
• Strong sense of being a team player
Please send resume and cover letter to Kerry Capka at email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Saint Martin de Porres High School encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.